Minix Neo G4 vs iMito MX1

Forum for RockChip RK3066 based devices

Minix Neo G4 vs iMito MX1

Postby gm2racer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm looking to get the best RK3066 stick soon. The Minix Neo G4 seems to get a pretty good endorsement from zulu99, the author of DroidMote. That being said, I'd like built in Bluetooth if possible. Which stick is better?

Thanks!
gm2racer

Re: Minix Neo G4 vs iMito MX1

Postby mrspin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I don't have Mx1 so can't compare but I have Neo G4 and currently testing it and it is OK for me but no bluetooth I'm afraid :(

See my small review already up here and will add to this later.
mrspin

Postby reddragon72 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Check back in a couple weeks. I ordered the iMito and plan to do a versatile review of it from a media player, gaming, and app point of view. The companies rep, the BT and the case really sold me, and the companies rep really shows as they seem to have taken a better swing at the ROM than the other companies and the stock rom is pretty solid from what I have read.
reddragon72

Postby Tablet_Collector » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Tablet_Collector

Postby reddragon72 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am

Tablet_Collector wrote:Nice review of the MX1 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyY6_9SPTo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jez

Just checked it out and looks great. My only issue, which I asked on youtube, was why did the video's he was playing running at hyper speed.... that was odd.
reddragon72

Postby userx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Minix Neo G4 has NO BLUETOOTH. It's been advertised with a BT logo but users say it has no built-in BT. Buyer beware if you want BT.
userx

Postby Tablet_Collector » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:07 am

reddragon72 wrote:

Jez

Just checked it out and looks great. My only issue, which I asked on youtube, was why did the video's he was playing running at hyper speed.... that was odd.

I think he was fast forwarding some of the video.

I noticed he was using his own footage... I now know why! I recently tried to put a video review of the MK808 on youtube. I included some video clips of films etc so it got pulled by youtube. I tried a number of times reducing the size of the clips until they were almost not there; still no joy! Moral of the tale...only use stock /royalty free clips on youtube.

Jez
Tablet_Collector

Postby reddragon72 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 am

Tablet_Collector wrote:
reddragon72 wrote:

Jez

I think he was fast forwarding some of the video.

I noticed he was using his own footage... I now know why! I recently tried to put a video review of the MK808 on youtube. I included some video clips of films etc so it got pulled by youtube. I tried a number of times reducing the size of the clips until they were almost not there; still no joy! Moral of the tale...only use stock /royalty free clips on youtube.

Jez

That makes sense about the footage. I always use trailers, those are usually over looked and or music video's less than 15 sec. Look at Google's requirements for posting vids and you will see all the crap you can and cannot do.
reddragon72

Postby jackbenimble » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 pm

The Minix Neo G4 is the only stick computer I've seen with an IR receiver. I know it will be clunky compared to a fly mouse but being able to control it in at least a rudimentary way with my IR universal remote that controls all the rest of my A/V equipment is a big plus for me.

I know it does not come with Bluetooth but can Bluetooth be added with a USB dongle?
jackbenimble

Postby compyy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:52 am

Neo G4 is very good and stable, WIFI performance is good as well as Video decoding.

I m waiting for 4.1.1 update, but my feeling is that if we can run Ubuntu with optimized performance that would be a great plus.
compyy

Return to Rockchip RK3066