bogolisk wrote:So after several weeks with the gk802, I concluded it's an disappointment...
Maybe patience is a virtue when buying bleeding edge devices from small outfits?
bogolisk wrote:So after several weeks with the gk802, I concluded it's an disappointment:
- xbmc support: latest hwaccel build for android supports OMAP (Archos devices), Tegra3 (Ouya, most recent tablets), Exynos4 (ODROID-U2, ODROID-X2, etc.), Snapdragon (most recent phones) none for i.MX6Q. I tried that xbmc build on the gk802 (more than 6Mbps 720p mkv over smb) and it showed a blackscreen with hw-rendering, and stuttering with sw-rendering. So when you see "...also the good news is XBMC is working on this GK802..." (http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?p=1613#p1613), well they were working on other chipsets.
- 3D driver is so buggy: many games are un-playable due to buggy rendering (e.g. train crisis HD, royal revolt, etc.)
- heat: can't run livewallpaper (such as Ocean HD) without the device get really hot.
- persistent ethernet: it tooks me 3 days of hacking to manage to get ethernet enabled by default at boot. Hey! it's a TV-box, I want ethernet on by default.
- buggy kernel: can't enable swapping without the device freezing.
It's still a fun device for the TV, but in hindsight, I should've bought the odroid-u2 instead (Exynos4 quad-core, Mali400 GPU, xbmc hwaccel, 2G of DDR, great thermal design, rj45 + 2 usb ports.)
Craxx wrote:How do you fix ethernet on boot stay enabled? Thx for sharing
do you put something like that in init.sh
netcfg eth0 up
netcfg eth0 dhcp
setprop net.dns1 18.104.22.168
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
/data/opt/eth0_start.sh < /dev/null 1>&2 > eth0.txt &
while [ "$boot_done" != "stopped" ]; do
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9; do
if grep -qe eth0 /proc/net/dev; then
/system/bin/service call ethernet 2 i32 2
#echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
#echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
Craxx wrote:#echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness Whats that??
Wahts about implementing init.d script support and the make it with that?
Craxx wrote:...didn´t work for me
Are you shure in system/bin the file should have .sh ?
Send from my Galaxy Nexus with Tapatalk
service gpu_init /system/bin/gpu_init.sh
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests