latest xbmc for android (with native hw accel not the external player hack as with amlogic) supports
- Tegra-3: Ouya and most recent tablets
- Snapdragon: most phones
- Exynos4: odroid and most samsung phones
- OMAP: Archos devices and some phones.
freescale's i.MX6Q is not
So if your HD rips are on a SMB share (like most people do), the issues with xbmc and the gk802:
- too much lag with internal player (My 720p rips all have more than 6Mbps).
- xbmc doesn't know how to invoke external player for files on sbm shares.
- xbmc internal player doesn't have hw accel for freescale's i.MX6Q
the gk802 is a fun device but for xbmc (as of today), you're better off with a odroid-u2 or an raspberry-pi.