bricked mx1?

bricked mx1?

Postby csmcpb » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:27 am

Hi after updating to the latest firmware via the geekbuying website I have now got stuck at the imito opening screen, the device rebooted after flashing the firmware and will not go any further! Any one know if there is a recovery mode on this device? Hopefully all is Ok as it seemed like a stable device before this! :cry:
csmcpb

Re: bricked mx1?

Postby qsecofr » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:18 am

csmcpb wrote:Hi after updating to the latest firmware via the geekbuying website I have now got stuck at the imito opening screen, the device rebooted after flashing the firmware and will not go any further! Any one know if there is a recovery mode on this device? Hopefully all is Ok as it seemed like a stable device before this! :cry:

Did the update finish correct?
Try to start it with the AC-adapter instead of usb to PC.
I have read somewhere that ppl are having trouble sometimes booting android mini pc with just usb to PC.

Mine did start after update powered just from the PC, but it can't hurt to try with the AC-adapter.
qsecofr

Postby csmcpb » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah was all done with the ac adaptor plugged in and the update appeared to finish Ok although the batch tool I used was in Chinese so may of gone wrong somewhere!
csmcpb

Postby qsecofr » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 am

csmcpb wrote:Yeah was all done with the ac adaptor plugged in and the update appeared to finish Ok although the batch tool I used was in Chinese so may of gone wrong somewhere!

Ok, maybe that was wrong to use the ac adaptor plugged in as well?
I think the guide says just to use the OTG port at the side when you are flashing.

At least that was the way i did it without any problems.

You can run the tool i n English if you rename the folder that contains the flash tool to something with western characters, like 'tool' ore something.
Then you can press the button in the lower left corner to change language. A little bit late now perhaps.

I really hope you can get it going again, for sure there is a way to force it in recovery or download mode.
But it might be so that you have to open it up and short some pins on the board to force it.

I hope someone else knows how to do it.

Cheers.
qsecofr

Postby geekbuying » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 am

Hi

sorry for answering this question late.

I have found your problem and talked with factory, they also have method for how to fix the failed update, i have asked them to give me an instruction,and then i will post here for you,please don't worry, your MX1 still can alive. lol
Lastest Android Mini PC Deal -------->>> Click here
Best Android Tablet Deal ------------>>>>Click here
Cool Smartphone Deal------------>>>>>>>Click here
geekbuying

Postby Finlessbob » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 am

The MX1 has the same shorting pads that the ug802 has to reset the processor into MASK ROM mode to unbrick. You have to take it apart to short those pads.
One little screw hols the back plastic plate on. Then pop that off. Now push the board out of the case. Under the Wifi Antenna are the 2 shorting pads just like the ug802. See the ug802 unbrick instrucitons for how to do it.

Bob
Finlessbob

Postby reddragon72 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 pm

I don't think he has to go that far. a bricked phone never does anything. For his situation is sounds like a boot loop. Have you tried to reflash? And as always ROM providers need to provide an MD5 check so you can ensure you has a complete download as you can still flash a corrupted ROM.

So go and ask your rom provider to give you an MD5 check sum and then run a MD5 checksum on your rom. Once you confirm that it is good then try and reflash as you should be able to get back into the flash mode. If you cannot then by all means do the jumper, but do it with caution.
reddragon72

Postby jvbo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Mine has the same problem. Stuck with the iMito logo.

There has to be a way to do a factory reset!

Waiting for a solution...
jvbo

Postby enviro8 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 pm

When I was playing around with some firmware that I modded, I was stuck with the Android logo on the screen.

I simply reflashed the MX1with a known working ROM using the method in http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/20 ... -firmware/

The MX1 is supposed to have mass storage active and USB debugging off. Since mine wouldn't boot, I went in blind and followed the instructions.

It worked!

I would recommend giving this a try before dismantling the dongle.
enviro8

Postby enviro8 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 am

How To Restore iMiTO MX1 Firmware

To escape from the brick due to an update failure you need to reload a working ROM firmware.

I have used the following method with iMiTO AM801 Tablet and have now trialled it with the iMiTO MX1 now that I have received a HDMI cable connector.

Firstly you will need a known working firmware.

Next find and download “Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.5.zip”.

Unzip it and move your firmware to where you can find it easily and rename it “update.img”.

Connect the MX1 to your TV but with the power disconnected.

There is a small hole next to the HDMI connector on the end of the MX1. This is a Reset.

Getting the Driver

If you already have the driver installed, you may skip this step.
Insert and hold in with a paper clip or equivalent and while still holding it in, connect to your PC via the USB OTG socket.

Your PC will find and try to install a new USB device. This will take some time. You may be lucky and it will install as something like RK30. Most likely it will fail. You will then need to open Computer (in Windows 7) and click on System properties --> Device manager.

In there you will see an error.

Click on the error and click on Driver and then click on Update Driver.
Click on Browse for driver software and click on Let me pick from a list of drivers
Click on Have Disk and navigate to where you have unzipped the Rockchip Batch Tool. In there you will find a folder called RockusbDriver open it and drill down to the drivers that match your system.
Click on and install the appropriate driver.

Installing your ROM

Go to where you unzipped the Rockchip Batch Tool and run RKBatchTool.exe.

With the power disconnected, insert a paper clip into the reset and hold it in. Connect the MX1 to your PC via a USB connected to the MX1’s OTG mini USB socket.

If everything is OK, then the box numbered 1 will light green.

Go to FW Path: at the top and click on the box in the top right.

Navigate to your firmware and open it. The program will check the firmware and report if there is a problem.

Then click on Restore and the firmware will be installed after a while. If everything is OK a message will pop up confirming success or failure.

Your MX1 will then reboot and load up.

NOTE: The TV screen will remain blank through the above process.

Good Luck!
enviro8

Next

Return to MX1