First off it should be noted that your MK808 will not be detected by using the power usb port.
Use the OTG port on the side of the MK808 and it will be detected.
I am not responsible if you brick your device!
This is based off a guide written by Piers on vondroid for the N101 II. http://vondroid.com/threads/root-instructions-jelly-bean-only.680/
1) Download Moborobo and unrar into a folder.
2) Download TPSarky-VonDroid-Root.zip and unzip into a folder.
3) Install Moborobo and open it
4) Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your MK808 via either of the following methods:
A) By installing Launcher Pro and making a new shortcut that points to Development Settings(which is missing in the normal settings menu.)
Enable USB Debugging.
B) Install Terminal emulator and type:
Code: Select all
am start -a android.intent.action.main -n com.android.settings/.DevelopmentSettings
Enable USB Debugging when settings pops up.
5) Wait for Moborobo to see the device and install drivers. It will detect the device as rk30sdk.
6)Run TPSparkyRoot.bat and follow the on-screen instructions.
Your MK808 will reboot a couple of times during this process.
When complete move on to the next step.(TPSarkyRoot.bat is also supposed to install SuperSU, but at least on my MK808 it didn't)
7)Install SuperSU from Play Store.(If not installed in previous step)
8)Optional Install BusyBox from Play Store.
If all went well you should be rooted.